Scholarship opportunities under the GOG/CDB funded project ‘Awakening Special Potential By Investing In Restoration And Empowerment’ (ASPIRE)
The Government of Grenada (GoG) through financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), implemented the Awakening Special Potential by Investing in Restoration and Empowerment (ASPIRE), Youth-at-risk Project, through the Ministry of Social Development, Housing and Community Empowerment.
The project provides opportunities for Graduate and Post-graduate studies targeting practitioners in the field of General Psychology (PhD), with concentration in Clinical Psychology and Counselling. The ministry is inviting applications from suitably qualified Grenadian nationals to pursue studies in the following areas for the academic year 2020.
|Type of Award||Area||Mode||Institution|
|PhD||General Psychology with concentration in Clinical Psychology and Counselling.
|On Site||An accredited University in a CDB member country (see list attached)|
- Be citizens of Grenada
- Not be older than forty-five (45) years
- Have an Undergraduate Degree that will enable entry to a Graduate or Postgraduate programme at the respective universities
- Be employed within the main Social Services Sector
- Have at least five (5) years relevant work experience
- Apply to the respective institutions and have received an unconditional offer of admission
- Certified copies of academic certificates
- Official academic transcript
- Certified copies of Birth Certificate or Passport (Front/ Data Page)
- Copies of Application Form (to be obtained from the Ministry of Education’s Scholarship Desk)
- Two (2) Letters of reference Reference
- Passport size Photographs
- Acceptance Letter from the University
VALUE OF AWARDS
Awards will cover the costs of:
CONDITIONS OF AWARDS
- Awardees must execute a bond which obligates them to return home upon completion of study and work within the sector for a minimum period of five (5) years.
- Awardees must pursue the chosen program through to completion. No request for change of program would be entertained.
Complete applications which must include a copy of all required documents must be submitted to the Human Resource Development Division/Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development on or before 15 October 2019.
Open Date: 30 August 2019
Deadline: 15 October 2019
For further information, please contact the ASPIRE Project Coordinating Unit, Ministry of Social Development, Housing and Community Empowerment, at telephone number 440-2269 EXT 21538 or email [email protected]
For further information, please contact the Human Resource Development Division/Scholarship Desk at telephone numbers 440-2737/2738 or email [email protected]
To foster competition Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) permits consultants (firms and individuals) from eligible countries to offer consulting services for projects it finances. Eligible countries are member countries of CDB, as listed below or subsequently revised and any other countries which are indicated as eligible in the Financing Agreement.
|2.||Antigua and Barbuda|
|6.||British Virgin Islands|
|14.||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|16.||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|18.||Trinidad and Tobago|
|19.||Turks and Caicos Islands|
Ministry of Social Development
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.