NOTICE OF VACANCY
FOR THE POSITION OF ACCOUNTANT
The NTA is seeking to recruit a candidate for the position of Accountant.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Accountant will be responsible for all financial management, disbursement, accounting and audit-related matters, and the provision of financial services for the GNTA.
Key Functions and Duties
- Ensures the maintenance of proper records of all transactions relating to income and expenditure, local and international, based on NTA adopted accounting standards (IFRS).
- Prepares Journal Entries for input in the General Ledger.
- Reviews, implements, and adapt new and existing financial systems and controls.
- Processing of payment requests and maintaining of internal control system for handling and processing of all payment transactions.
- Preparation of reports including reconciliation and journal reports, balance sheet journal, quarterly financial reports and annual financial statements.
- Prepares quarterly management financial reports based on NTA’s adopted accounting standard.
- Prepares financial reports and other reports to donors and other external stakeholders.
- Recording, verification and maintenance of the NTA’s fixed assets schedule.
- Responsible for the preparation of Budget/Cash Flow projections under the supervision of the CEO.
- Preparation of disbursement requests.
- Recording and verification of fixed assets.
- Ensures that all accounting records are made available for auditing.
- Evaluates and prepares project proposal costing.
- Prepares payroll and ensure accurate statutory deductions.
- Preparation of requisitions for office and general supply purchases.
- Ensuring that bank statements are received monthly by the due date and reconciled.
- Maintaining regular contact with management and staff to obtain and convey information and/or correct transactions.
- Keeps management informed of area of activity and of any significant problems.
- Attendance and participation in meetings as is required.
- A degree in Accounting/ Finance
- A degree in Business/Management from a recognised institution or the CAT (Certified Accounting Technician) Qualification.
- Must have completed at least an intermediate level of a professional accounting designation (ACCA, CGA, CPA)
- A minimum of five (5) years general accounting experience.
The deadline for submission of applications is 17 January 2020. Applications should be sent to [email protected] and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Training Agency
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.