The Ministry of Agriculture & Lands advises the general public and interested farmers/vendors that the next farmers market will be held on Friday, 24 April 2020 and will continue on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays as per the regulations, from 8 am to 5 pm to coincide with the upcoming shopping days, at the following locations:
- The National Athletic Stadium car park – St George
- Victoria Vegetable Market – St Mark
- Gouyave Vegetable Market – St John
- Natural Works – St David
- Sauteurs Bus Terminus – St Patrick
- Grenville Bus Terminus – St Andrew
Residents of Carriacou will continue to be serviced via the Marketing and National Importing Board (MNIB) and established vendors; while residents of Petite Martinique will be serviced by Emma’s Supermarket.
What is expected of farmers/vendors
- A maximum of 2 persons per vending station in keeping with social distancing protocols
- Face masks or face covering and hand sanitisers (washing of hands) are required
- A vending station (small tents or at the back of a pickup, where feasible)
- Fresh produce should be pre-packed in $5, $10, and $20 values
- Farmers are expected to set up between the hours of 6 am and 8 am
- At the end of the day, produce should not be stored on-site
- Farmers should maintain their assigned location over the designated period
NB: Small farmers/vendors and established roadside vendors are permitted to continue their activities in keeping with the established protocols on Covid-19. However, the erections of new booths or vending stations along the roadside and loitering shall not be encouraged.
Farmers are asked to contact the Ministry of Agriculture on 417-2355 to confirm their participation in the farmers’ markets.
Ministry of Agriculture… ensuring food and nutrition security for all.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.