As the island prepares for the possible impact of Tropical Storm Gonzalo the following protocols are expected to guide shelter use, once activated.
- There will be an identified isolation area in each shelter
- A health check will be conducted on all occupants entering the shelter
- All occupants are required to wear face covering. Occupants are required to supply their own face covering
- All occupants are to maintain 6 feet distancing in and around the shelter
- Frequent hand washing or hand sanitising and cough etiquette will be in effect
- Occupants are not allowed to share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, bedding or other personal items. Occupants are asked to walk with their own utensils/supplies
- Persons will be monitored for illnesses:
- Loose stool and frequent bowel movement
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; and
- Other symptoms compatible with Covid-19 (e.g. muscle aches, headache, sore throat, runny nose, loss of taste or smell).
The list of shelters will be disseminated later today.
NaDMA, the official source for all disaster-related information in Grenada.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.