The St Andrew’s Development Organisation recognised various parishioners and organisations for their invaluable contributions to St Andrew parish and Grenada as a part of the Emancipation Celebration 2020.
The awards have been tailored to recognise the Essential Workers, as we all have been affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic in one way or another. “Our essential workers are our real heroes, they are the ones responsible for the progress we have made during this pandemic, we owe them a lot for what they have done,” said SADO’s President, Royan Charles.
The 2020 Emancipation Celebrations was held virtually under the theme “Reclaiming Our Rights Promoting a Culture of Excellence.”
The following individuals were recognised.
- Farmers Gerald La Barry and Patrick Francis – for their contribution to Food and Nutrition Security
- The Grenada Union of Teachers St Andrew – for their contribution to Education
- The Eastern Division of the Royal Grenada Police Force – for their efforts in keeping the peace
- The St Andrew Medical District – for their efforts to providing adequate Health Care
- The St Andrew Bus Association – For provision of safe and reliable Transportation
SADO salutes all our Essential Workers, who continue going above and beyond during these unprecedented times. We say thank you.