Join us for our 7th year of National Learn to Swim Weeks, all sponsored by Republic Bank. Free beginner swim lessons are being offered throughout Grenada next week for both adults and children.
The children should be 6 years or older. Twenty locations from Sauteurs to Grand Anse Beach to Carriacou/PM have been identified for these lessons and you may register by going to www.getgrenadaswimming.com
Lessons will be 45 minutes long and start on the hour between 1 pm and 4 pm each day, Tuesday – Saturday. Participants may take lessons all five days. For those who work, there will be 5 pm – 6 pm lessons in front of Umbrellas on Grand Anse Beach.
This initiative is sponsored by Republic Bank and organised by Get Grenada Swimming.
The 20 locations are:
- Bathway, St Patrick – Linda Wright 415-8601
- BBC Beach, Morne Rouge – Rachel Modest 456-9480
- Birchgrove, St Andrew (Mello’s Complex) – Lovell Alexander 416-1226
- Cabier Beach, Crochu, St Andrew – Abigail Fletcher 449-6091
- Carriacou, Lumbadive, Tyrell Bay – Richard Manning 421-8585
- Carriacou, Windward, Clean Bay – Lesley McIntosh 538-6334
- Grand Anse, In front of the Catholic Church – Rhea Samuel 414-0135
- Grand Anse, Camerhogne Park – Alex Calderon, 423-0855
- Grand Anse, Umbrella’s Restaurant, – Janetta Noel,538-3088
- Grand Mal Beach, Go Cool Steps – Camme Roberts, 417-8399
- Grenada Marine, Corinth – Catherine John, 459-2393
- Good Hope Pool, St Pauls – Phil Vermiglio, 456-7481
- Gouyave, St Johns, Near Fish Market – Sharm Ashton, 422-9893
- La Sagesse Beach, St David – Vlasta Pinkston, 406-7656
- Long Wall, Soubise, Chillaxing Square – Nataly Regis, 534-0338
- Petite Martinique, Morang Beach – Mary Benjamin 421-6650
- Sauteurs, St Patrick, Breakwater – Toni Edwards 537-1254
- True Blue Bay Resort, True Blue – Kerrie Sobering 404-5237
- Waltham Beach, St Patrick – Korah Ashby 410-0208
Covid Protocols in place are as follows:
- Children/Adults are to come to the beach and have the same instructor all week long.
- Groups are not to be larger than 4 swimmers. Siblings in same group when possible.
- Swimmers will stay in same groups all 5 days for instruction whenever possible.
- No loitering after swim lessons. Everyone must finish and leave area to help maintain social distancing.
To register for the swim week or for more info go to www.getgrenadaswimming.com
For more info, you may also contact Deb Eastwood 404-5237 [email protected]
Get Grenada Swimming