Suitably qualified citizens of member territories of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) are invited to apply to fill the post of Banking Officer II, in the Banking and Monetary Operations Department (BMOD), at the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) in St Kitts. Working at the ECCB provides a unique opportunity for you to help in achieving our organisational goals of promoting and maintain financial sector stability, monetary stability, and balanced growth and development of the economies of the territories of Participating Governments. The successful candidate will be based in St Kitts and will be hired initially on a 2-year contractual engagement with the opportunity to transfer to the permanent establishment based on performance.
All applicants must complete the ECCB Employment Application Form which is available on the ECCB Website (www.eccb-centralbank.org).
- A first degree in banking, accounting, finance and or a business-related discipline;
- At least 3 years’ experience in either banking, accounting or finance.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- The ability to cope well in and adapt to a fast-paced dynamic environment;
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills;
- The ability to work as part of a team and function independently;
- Leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- The ability to manage human resource;
- Strong self-management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible to the Deputy Director, Risk and Analytics Unit. Within delegated authority, the Banking Officer II, Risk and Analytics Unit, will support the Reserve Management activities by undertaking the following responsibilities:
- Utilizing Bloomberg to generate periodic performance and attribution reports;
- Reviewing, on a daily basis, the Duration Report and Daily Compliance Reports provided by the custodian, noting any alerts, breaches or issues that are reported;
- Utilizing the reports from the custodian to generate the daily compliance reports;
- Resolving, or assisting the resolution of breaches to the investment guidelines with the money managers and custodian;
- Ensuring relevant benchmarks are updated monthly;
- Undertaking a triennial review of the money managers for submission to the Deputy Director;
- Remaining abreast of industry matters including matters relating to accounting, compliance and operations, best practices, emerging risks, regulatory concerns etc;
- Remaining abreast with financial news and developments in the international financial market and undertaking relevant research/analysis to assess the impact on performance to provide analytical support to the front office and other relevant audiences;
- Collaborating with the Officer responsible for Market and Credit Risk to examine risk limits, eligible asset classes, and eligible counterparts during the annual review of the investment guidelines;
- Collaborating with and assisting the Officer responsible for Market and Credit Risk in reviewing exception reports;
- Presenting performance and compliance reports to the relevant internal and statutory committees;
- Managing relations with external service providers, such as money managers, custodian and index data providers; and
- Any other related duties which may be assigned.
This position will be offered at a Grade 8 level.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Employment application form
- Curriculum vitae
- 2 original letters of reference
- Certified copies of certificates
- Official transcripts where applicable
Supporting documents should be electronically submitted to:
Human Resource Department
Eastern Caribbean Central Bank
P O Box 89
To reach no later than 19 March 2021.
- Applicants may enquire of the Human Resource Department to ascertain receipt of applications
- Only candidates shortlisted for the selection process will be contacted
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake various assessments
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.