The German Development Cooperation through the GIZ Project “Climate-Resilient Water Sector in Grenada (G-CREWS)” in Grenada is looking for a Senior field data collector.
- Valid driver’s licence and daily access to road-worthy vehicle required
- Ability to use smart device (tablet, cell phone) to capture data
- Knowledgeable and competent in geography and/ or cartography (map reading)
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize geographic information system (GIS) data
- Good understanding of Information Technology, previous experience with mobile spatial data capture application is an advantage
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Exemplary focus, ambition and attention to detail
- Business fluency in English
- The ability to work outdoors and walking on uneven terrain and in variable weather conditions
- National citizen or holder of a valid work permit
The field data collection supervisor will
- Identify with the use technical equipment
- Give continuing and meticulous attention to detail
- Advise on the in-field mapping methodology as necessary
- Identification, monitoring and reporting of leaking pipes
- Identification and reporting of illegal water connections
- Identification of aged/ degraded pipes
- Guide a team of 9 assistant data collection
- Support the in-field troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Ensure data integrity and reliability is maintained in close coordination with field assistant and project team.
- Capture and report in writing in-field issues related to technical feedback and effective working on the ground.
- Manage and account for the collection, distribution and charging of all GIS hardware and pipe locators on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure each team member is adequately equipped for daily tasks.
- In case of emergencies, immediately liaise with NAWASA/GIZ team and relevant authorities on next steps and to ensure the safety and well-being of the team
- Overseeing outreach activities, including implementation of awareness measures as directed by the project team
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management/the project team towards the exemplary implementation of this GIS mapping activity
Information of the Programme
The project is jointly financed by the Green Climate Fund (GCF) and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) under its International Climate Initiative (IKI), and the Government of Grenada. Over 6 years, the Government of Grenada, the Grenada Development Bank and the National Water and Sewerage Authority (NAWASA) in partnership with the German Development Corporation (GIZ) will implement the project’s five components.
The objective of this assignment is to map NAWASA’s assets (pipelines, meters, valves, hydrant, air valves, chambers etc.) to contribute to NAWASA’s improved business and operational workflow. The pipeline mapping will assist NAWASA in enhancing operational efficiencies, as well as the ability to make better decisions in terms of pipeline design.
Timeframe of Employment: July 2021 – October 2021.
If you are interested, kindly submit your cover letter and CV and saved under your full name in PDF to: [email protected] no later than 6 June 2021. Please make the subject line of your e-mail communication: “EOI – GIS Mapping NAWASA.”
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact shortlisted applicants. Thank you for your understanding.