Turnkey-ready design and construction of bolted, glass fused to steel tanks for G-CREWS Project – Group 1
The National Water and Sewerage Authority (NAWASA) has commenced the implementation of projects under Component 3 of the Grenada Climate Resilient Water Sector (G-CREWS) Project which is funded by Green Climate Fund (GCF) and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) through the German Development Agency Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
This project supports the integration of climate-resilience into Grenada’s water sector by improving NAWASA’s water storage capacity, that will ensure sound and climate-responsive regulation of water resource management and will eventually lead to a strengthened institutional and regulatory system for climate-responsive planning and development.
The purpose of this call for prequalification is to design and construct ready to use 6 bolted, glass fused to steel tanks as a part of the construction of water transmission lines at several sites in Grenada.
The scope of this project is stated below:
- Construction of 3 tanks with 500,000 gal UK, (2273 m3) storage capacity
- Construction of 2 tanks with 300,000 gal UK, (1364 m3) storage capacity
- Construction of 1 tank with 200,000 gal UK, (909 m3) storage capacity
An applicant (herein called “Company”) shall be a legally established manufacturer/construction company or Joint Venture (JV). Maximum allowable Joint Venture Partners shall not exceed 3 partners.
The final awarded Company will be requested to:
- Elaborate the detail design of the entire site based on the existing preliminary design, existing survey as well as existing geotechnical investigation at each site
- After approval of the detailed design by NAWASA, manufacture and supply the tanks; inclusive of all fittings, valves and appurtenances as mentioned in the detailed design and shipping of all required material to Grenada
- Prepare (including access) of the site, construction of foundations, tanks, connecting pipes, valves, fences and electrical installation ready to use
- Test and commissioning
The tanks, pipes and appurtenances have to be manufactured, tested and shall meet the requirements according to the related AWWA or equivalent standards.
Any Company that is interested in providing the above-mentioned services is requested to submit the documents listed below:
- Provide introduction of the company and/or the consortium applying
- Provide the copies of original documents defining the constitution or legal status, place of registration (Company Certificate), principal place of business and written power of attorney of the signatory. All documents should be updated
- Provide references of accomplished similar design/manufacturing or construction projects within the last 3 years
- Provide the expected shipping route, delivery time and construction duration (draft of schedule)
- Provide the total value of construction /design/manufacturing work performed for each of the last 3 years
- Statements of financial capacity showing annual turnover within the last 3 years (Statement of turnover or annual tax statement of the last 3 years)
- Provide numbers of and specification of own employees and machinery
- Provide proof that the manufacturer is observing international labour laws
- Provide data regarding the expected emission of greenhouse gases
- Provide Affidavit that the firm has not been blacklisted by any Government, Semi-Government, International Development Institution & Private Institute nor involved in any litigation in the current or during the last 3 years
After receipt of the documents, NAWASA will prepare a shortlist of maximum 8 eligible bidders to submit their financial offers.
NAWASA reserves the right to check other sources available to verify information submitted in the pre-qualification applications. If an Applicant knowingly makes a misrepresentation, or an omission of a material fact, in submitting information to NAWASA, such misrepresentation or omission may be sufficient grounds for denying pre-qualification to that Applicant, rescinding the Applicant’s pre-qualification and rejecting an Applicant.
The selected Company has to accept that NAWASA reserves the right of inspection of the manufacturing process by NAWASA employees or a hired third-party quality control unit. The costs of inspection have to be covered by the manufacturer, as a part of the offer.
The selection of shortlisted bidders will be done according to their professional reference, expected delivery time and environmentally friendly production, shipping and construction.
Based on their expression of interest, the shortlisted Companies will receive a Bill of Quantity as well as the Terms of Reference to prepare the technical and financial offer.
NAWASA requests eligible bidders to submit their Expression of Interest and the above listed documents to [email protected] and in cc: [email protected] and [email protected]. Please make the subject line of your e-mail communication: PQ – TANKS FOR G-CREWS PROJECT – GROUP 1”
Bidders are advised that they are not required to submit any technical or price offer, or any unrequested documents. Kindly note that the request for the offer with all relevant information will only be sent to the short-listed bidders.
Companies shall submit their documents latest by Friday, 5 November 2021, 10 am Atlantic Standard Time (AST).
NAWASA…. committed to meeting customers’ needs
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.