Procurement of pipelines for G-CREWS Project – Group 1
The National Water and Sewerage Authority (NAWASA) has commenced the implementation of projects under Component 3 of the Grenada Climate Resilient Water Sector (G-CREWS) Project which is funded by Green Climate Fund (GCF) and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) through the German Development Agency Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
This project supports the integration of climate-resilience into Grenada’s water sector by improving NAWASA’s water storage capacity, that will ensure sound and climate-responsive regulation of water resource management and will eventually lead to a strengthened institutional and regulatory system for climate-responsive planning and development.
The purpose of this call for prequalification is to purchase pipelines for the construction of water transmission lines at several sites in Grenada.
An applicant shall be a legally established or Joint Venture (JV) Manufacturer/Supplier. Maximum allowable Joint Venture Partners shall not exceed more than two partners.
The final awarded manufacturer/supplier will be requested to supply NAWASA with about:
- 14 km ductile iron pipes DN 150 with mortar inline
- 600 m ductile iron pipes DN200 with mortar inline
- Fittings, valves and appurtenances
The pipes have to be manufactured, tested and shall meet the requirements according to the related AWWA standards.
Any manufacturer who is interested in providing the above-mentioned services is requested to submit the documents listed below:
- Provide Introduction of the company and/or the consortium applying
- Provide the copies of original documents defining the constitution or legal status, place of registration (Company Certificate), principal place of business and written power of attorney of the signatory All documents should be updated
- Provide references of accomplished similar projects of the last 3 years
- Provide the expected shipping route and delivery time (draft of schedule)
- Provide the total value of supply work performed for each of the last 3 years
- Statements of financial capacity showing annual turnover within the last 3 years (Statement of turnover or annual tax statement of the last 3 years)
- Provide numbers of and specification of own employees and machinery
- Provide proof that the manufacturer is observing international labour laws
- Provide data regarding the expected emission of greenhouse gases
- Provide Affidavit that the firm has not been black listed by any Government, Semi-Government, international development institution & private institute nor involved in any litigation in the current or during the last 3 years must be recently released
After receipt of the documents, NAWASA will prepare a short list of maximum 8 eligible bidders to submit their financial offers.
NAWASA reserves the right to check other sources available to verify information submitted in the pre-qualification applications. If an Applicant knowingly makes a misrepresentation, or an omission of a material fact in submitting information to NAWASA, such misrepresentation or omission may be sufficient grounds for denying pre-qualification to that Applicant, rescinding the Applicant’s pre-qualification and rejecting an Applicant.
The selected manufacturers/suppliers have to accept, that NAWASA reserves the right of inspection of the manufacturing process by NAWASA employees or a hired third-party quality control unit. The costs of inspection have to be covered by the manufacturer, as a part of the offer.
The selection of shortlisted bidders will be done according to their professional reference, expected delivery time and environmentally friendly production and shipping.
Based on their expression of interest, the shortlisted manufacturers/supplier will receive a Bill of Quantity as well as the Terms of Reference to prepare the offer.
NAWASA requests eligible bidders to submit their Expression of Interest and the above listed documents to [email protected], and in cc: [email protected] and [email protected]. Please make the subject line of your e-mail communication: PQ – Purchase of pipelines for G-CREWS Project – Group 1”
Bidders are advised that they are not required to submit any technical or price offer, or any unrequested documents. Kindly note that the request for the offer with all relevant information will only be sent to the short-listed bidders.
Companies shall submit their documents latest by Friday, 29 October 2021, 10 am Atlantic Standard Time (AST).
NAWASA…. committed to meeting customers’ needs
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.