The Grenada Tourism Authority (GTA) announced on 11 October 2021 the destination will become even more accessible with increased airlift from the United States and the resumption of service from Canada.
The timing comes just ahead of winter when the Caribbean is especially appealing for North Americans who are already dreading early darkness and frigid temperatures.
“As people re-engage their passion for travel, our airline partners recognise the value of providing connectivity to our special island. We are truly a slice of paradise with a low-key vibe, warm and welcoming people, and offerings that connect visitors not only with nature and amazing water adventures, but also with a fascinating culinary journey,” said Petra Roach, CEO Grenada Tourism Authority. “New and expanded air service helps Grenada regain its position as a highly attractive destination for visitors seeking a distinctive Caribbean experience.”
A roundup of airlift updates includes:
From the US
- JetBlue offers daily service from John F Kennedy Airport (JFK) to Maurice Bishop International Airport (GND). The carrier’s premium Mint aircraft operates on Saturday
- American Airlines offers service, twice a week, from Miami International Airport (MIA) to Maurice Bishop International Airport (GND) on Wednesday and Saturday
- Starting 2 November, service operates 3 times a week (Wednesday, Friday and Saturday). Daily service begins 1 December
- Starting 27 November, service from Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), operates once a week on Saturday
- Air Canada Mainline will resume direct service, twice a week, (Wednesday and Sunday) from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to Maurice Bishop International Airport (GND) starting 31 October
- Sunwing is expected to offer service once a week from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to Maurice Bishop International Airport (GND) starting 7 November
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.