The Grenada Tourism Authority is looking for an innovative and highly motivated person to guide our Accounts team to help accomplish the GTA objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or possess a recognized certification such as the ACCA, CIMA, CPA or CMA.
At least 5 years work experience at a managerial level.
Key competence, knowledge and skills:
- Provide sound leadership and guidance to the accounting team.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Proven knowledge and experience with budgeting and financial controls
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Excel and Sage Accounting
- Proven problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Ability to use technology to improve efficiency.
The Accounts Manager is responsible for, amongst other things:
- Developing and implementing sound general accounting systems and financial policies for cash flow management and budgetary controls, in accordance with the Public and Financial Act and Regulations.
- Managing the financial functions of the organization including financial reporting, planning and analysis, cash management, payroll, internal controls and overall policies and procedures using the latest technology
- Producing monthly statements of the Authority’s financial position and preparing a complete financial statement and report at the end of each financial year.
- Providing documents to external auditors to ensure compliance with financial audit requirements and implementing the auditor’s recommendations.
- Maintaining fixed asset records and depreciation schedules.
- Building relationships with the Authority’s bankers and external auditors.
- Contributing to the identification of alternative sources of income and discussion on the organization’s capability to manage self-generated income as required.
Interested persons should apply via the link below. Please ensure that you attach your CV to your application.
The closing date for application is 5 November 2021. Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged.