The Board of Directors of the Grand Bacolet Juvenile Rehabilitation & Treatment Centre invites suitably qualified persons to fill the position of General Manager, Grand Bacolet Juvenile Rehabilitation & Treatment Centre (GBJRTC).
The General Manager has direct responsibility for the overall management of the GBJRTC, ensuring that all aspects of its operations are aligned with its Strategic Framework and that its strategic goals and objectives are implemented, monitored and evaluated.
- Ultimately the General Manager ensures that all aspects of the GBJRTC operations are well executed, goal-oriented and consistent with its legislative mandate and its strategic focus
- The General Manager advises the Board of Directors on the strategic direction and implements all the key management functions including strategic planning, operational planning; organising resources necessary to achieve the plans; maintaining adequate human resources; directing subordinates to achieve the desired strategic goals and objectives and implementing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms
- Provides strategic direction to the GBJRTC consistent with its legislative mandate in collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Creates a supportive policy environment consistent with the legislative mandate of the GBJRTC, in collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Oversees all aspects of the GBJRTCs operations ensuring alignment with the legislative mandate and strategic plan
- Creates a safe environment for residents and staff in accordance with established guidelines
- Provides guidance and support to staff according to established guidelines
- Prepares and submits reports to the Board in accordance with established guidelines
- Strong interest and desire to work with juvenile offenders
- Excellent communication skills
- Conflict resolution/problem-solving skills, attitude and approach
- Sound management skills, high levels of resilience and ability to cope with high stress and emotionally volatile situations
- Must be willing to work as part of a team
Type of Appointment: Individual
Duration of Contract: 2 years (performance review on a yearly basis)
Duty Station: Grand Bacolet Juvenile Rehabilitation & Treatment Centre (GBJRTC), Grand Bacolet, St Andrew, Grenada
Compensation Package: Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience
Application Deadline: Interested persons should send a letter of application and a detailed resume to the following 2 addresses:
Ministry of Social Development
Board of Directors, (GBJRTC)
c/o DETC, Ministry of Finance
Applications can also be sent electronically to [email protected] and [email protected] with the subject line: “Statement of Capability – General Manager: Grand Bacolet Juvenile Rehabilitation & Treatment Centre (GBJRTC).”
Applications should reach the Ministry of Finance no later than 4 pm on Friday, 14 January 2022.
Full details of the specific scope of work/terms of reference are available on www.procurement.gov.gd
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.