The Grenada Tourism Authority is the organisation in Grenada tasked with marketing and promoting Grenada as a tourism destination.
We pride ourselves on leading the way in the Grenada tourism industry to encourage economic growth for the benefit of all citizens. Our core values are positivity, respect, openness/honesty, commitment, and excellence and we currently have an opportunity for a determined, results-driven leader with stellar communication skills to help take our marketing team to the next level.
Job Type: Fixed Term
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing & Sales Manager supports the planning, implementation and evaluation of all marketing activities including market positioning, promotions, and advertising. Creates and implements marketing strategies and tactics that ensure that all marketing initiatives focus on achieving maximum results in line with GTA goals.
- Creates and maintains strategic alliances and community partners with local, national and other organisations to further increase product awareness
- Manages the relationship with external marketing and overseas offices to include online ads, PPC campaigns, website, collateral (digital and print), email marketing, CRM and event programming
- Analyses requirements of marketing opportunities Researches and maintains knowledge of market trends, competition, and loyal customers Analyses destination data and makes recommendations regarding course of action related to marketing Provides timely reports and data regarding success of programmes
- Ensures audits of destination website are conducted and content is accurate with photos and descriptions
- Collaborates with key team members on special event development
- Attends Business Review Meetings; shares feedback and insights; strategises and consults with external agencies and management team
- Travels as needed to meet with partners, key industry contacts, etc.
- Attends local events and designated trade or media events
- Ensures effective ROI for measurable marketing initiatives and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Monitors competitor’s product, sales and marketing activities
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports
- Assists in the Development of memorable site inspections/inventive and creative proposals
- Participates in the conducting of customer interviews and focus groups to improve marketing reach and effectiveness
- Provides department colleagues with proper communication that will enhance our ability to deliver marketing campaigns to achieve goals
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications with 5 years’ experience in marketing within the hospitality or tourism industries
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role working with cross-functional team
- Strong organisational and time management skills with a preference for achieving goals and creating efficiencies
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
- An open mind to adapt to timely strategic changes
- Boundless creativity with an eye for trendsetting design and style
- Flexible availability to work during peak hospitality seasons and/or hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have extensive knowledge of computers and document management software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends
Applications should be made by via the link below https://puregrenada.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=24&source=aWQ9MjM%3D.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated in order to be considered for this position. Closing date for applications is 27 May 2022. Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged.