On Friday 14 March, the CARICOM Secretariat in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth, Sports, and Religious Affairs, will host a youth forum on the CARICOM Youth Development Action Plan (CYDAP) at the Grenada Youth Centre.
Young persons representing youth and other organisations, representatives from the CARICOM Secretariat, and ministerial officials will discuss and integrate their views and perspectives on youth related issues and priorities.
CYDAP was developed by CARICOM to enhance and guide national policies, planning, and implementation regarding youth. The action plan operationalises the Declaration of Paramaribo on the Future of Youth in the Caribbean Community, complements the implementation of the CSME and supports mainstreamed adolescent and youth well-being and empowerment.
The objectives of the CARICOM Youth Development Action Plan (CYDAP) are to:
- Enhance the quality of life and livelihood opportunities for all adolescents and youth;
- Enable to creation of protective environments to foster resilience and ensure adolescent and youth safety and security;
- Improve the health and holistic well-being of all adolescents and youth;
- Enhance the development and appreciation of Caribbean culture and identity and commitment to regional integration;
- Create the policy and institutional environment and mechanisms to support effective national and regional implementation of the CYDAP; and,
- Ensure and enhance youth participation at all levels of decision-making, programme implementation and oversight nationally and regionally.
The CYDAP forum starts at 9:00 am.