GrenCHAP is an organisation working to promote Sexual Reproductive Health and Human Rights, with a focus on marginalised populations such as LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) and Sex Workers.
Job title: Programme Coordinator. Reports to the Board of Directors
Duration: Full time, 6 months. Tenure may be extended based on performance.
The ideal candidate will have/demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree, or equivalent certification in Management, Social Sciences or related area; or 5 years experience working in the field of HIV, Human Rights and LGBT advocacy
- Provide leadership to staff and volunteers
- Understanding and passion for social justice
- Understanding of LGBT and HIV issues and willingness to work with communities
- Detail-oriented, and exceptional time management & organisation skills
- Provide overall direction, guidance and support in the implementation, and monitoring & evaluation of projects
- Prepare project plans, work programmes and schedules and efficiently implements them
- Fundraising through project proposals
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Timely preparation of financial projections, reports, and records for financial audits
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders (local and international)
- Spearhead meetings with staff, volunteers and stakeholders
- Can work with little or no supervision
- Must be able to travel abroad for workshops and conferences
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter summarising their interest and suitability, to [email protected] by 5 May 2017. Only suitable applicants will be contacted.