A FREE Diabetic Clinic will be held this Saturday, 8 November 2014, from 9 am to 1 pm
Hosted by UHP (Urban Humanitarian Project) SGU, in collaboration with GARP (Grenada Association of Retired Persons).
Topics to be covered:
- What is diabetes and what causes diabetes?
- What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- The symptoms
- Testing for diabetes
- Who is at risk?
- How do I control it?
- Learn your lifestyle: Diet & Nutrition, Low Carb Food, Food Labels
- Diabetic Foot: looking after and caring for your feet
- How to prevent and manage diabetes
- How to improve your life if you are affected by diabetes.
- How to get support
Venue: GARP Welcome Centre, Kirani James Boulevard, St. George’s
(next to Foodland Supermarket)
Telephone: 435 9857
Assorted sandwiches and tea will be provided.
This clinic will take place every month at the same venue. The next clinic day will provide free testing of sugar levels and foot checks.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.