A Donors’ Conference on Hunger, Food Insecurity and Malnutrition in Grenada was be held on Thursday, 5 February 2015, from 9 am to 12 noon at the National Stadium, St George, Grenada.
The objectives of this Donors’ Conference are as follows:
- To provide an opportunity for donors to pledge to the Initiative.
- To position the Donors-National Stakeholders Relationships within the National Zero Hunger Challenge Initiative in a manner that strengthens sustainable actions of the Initiative.
- To gain the endorsement of an actionable framework for improved integration, cooperation and collaboration among Donor organizations and national stakeholders so as to optimize expected zero hunger outcomes of the Initiative.
- To expand knowledge among participating stakeholders and expose them to the full range of zero-hunger related initiatives scattered across the state of Grenada.
- The conference started with a half day island tour across Grenada on 4 February, in order to showcase the beauty, diversity and (targeted) communities of Grenada.
After the Donors’ Conference activities will be geared towards focusing on the welfare of the most vulnerable and proactively addressing the underlying structural causes of hunger in the State of Grenada. The main programme of the intervention will be the establishment of small-scale, backyard and school gardening to increase food availability at the household and school levels. The project will also contribute to improving the nutrition and health of the children, the youth, women as well as the poor and vulnerable members of the population by strengthening the school feeding programme and promoting Food Based Dietary Guidelines.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.