The Government of Trinidad and Tobago is offering scholarships to Grenadian nationals who wish to pursue Undergraduate and Graduate studies at the University of the West Indies (UWI) St Augustine Campus, University of the Southern Caribbean, and University of Trinidad and Tobago for the academic year 2015.
Eligibility: Applicants MUST
• Be a citizen of Grenada
• Not be a resident of any other country other than Grenada the time of making application;
For Bachelor’s Degree: Applicants MUST possess:
– At least 5 Ordinary Level subjects (CSEC/GCE) with Grades I, II or III, or A, B, or C);
– At least (2) Advanced Level subjects (CAPE/GCE) with Grades I, II, or A, B) or any equivalent qualification;
– Caribbean Studies and Communication Studies or General Paper;
Five Ordinary Level (CSEC/GCE) passes which must include:–
– English Language and Mathematics with Grades I, II, III, or A, B, or C
– An Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.50.
– Persons who are already in possession of a First Degree will not be considered for another undergraduate degree.
– Applicants for undergraduate degrees must prepare and submit a Written Essay which explains in no more than 400 words:
a) The impact they believe their studies will have on their institution/community/country; and
b) Their five-year plan upon returning to Grenada to put into practice the knowledge and experience acquired through the scholarship.
Value of Undergraduate Studies Awards:
• Full tuition
For a Master’s Degree:
i) At least a Second Class Honour degree at the Undergraduate level; and
ii) At least 2 years experience in the desired field of study or a related field
Applicants for a Master’s degree must prepare and submit a Study Plan which must include:
i) The impact your studies will have on your institution/community/country
ii) Information on how the course of study relates to the existing and future development needs of your institution, community or the country;
iii) A description of how exposure gained can be put to practice
Value of Graduate Studies Awards:
• Fifty percent (50%) tuition
NB: Airfare, Accommodation and other expenses will have to be borne by candidates.
Additional information on the programmes and application forms are available at the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development, Botanical Gardens, St George. Telephone: 440-2737/8.
Fully completed application must reach the Scholarship Desk no later than 31 May 2015.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.