The Grenada Association Toronto (GAT) in partnership with the Pearline Garraway Education Foundation Inc. is now accepting applications for the Fall/Winter 2018-2019 awards exercise. We encourage all currently registered post-secondary students to submit an application.
Five (5) scholarships will be available for the 2018/2019 school year.
|Scholarship Name||Number of Scholarships Available||Scholarship Value||Recipient Criteria|
|GAT Diaspora Scholarship||2||Valued at $1,000 each||1 scholarship available to students pursuing post-secondary education at a registered university or college in the Greater Toronto Area.|
1 scholarship available to students pursuing post-secondary education at a registered university or college in Canada.
|GAT Caribbean Scholarship||1||Valued at $1,000||1 scholarship available to students pursuing post-secondary education at a registered university in the Caribbean.|
|GAT Community College Scholarship||1||Valued at $500||1 scholarship available to students pursuing post-secondary education at the TA Marryshow Community College in Grenada.|
|Pearline Garraway Education Foundation Inc. Scholarship||1||Valued at $1,000||Preference given to any individual pursuing post-secondary studies in the field of education at a registered Caribbean institution. Secondary consideration will be given to students pursuing post-secondary education in a similar field at a registered Caribbean institution.|
Application deadline: The application form and all other required documentation must be received by Friday, 21 December 2018 (5 pm Eastern Standard Time). Please submit your application by email to [email protected]. If you have any questions, please contact the GAT by email at [email protected].
Eligibility Requirements: In order to be eligible, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a Grenadian national or Grenadian by descent
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have strong academic results within your school system
- Have a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement
- Be attending a recognised University or College in the fall of 2018
- Not be a recipient of one of the GAT offered scholarships in the last two (2) years
A completed application includes the following components:
- A completed application form – all application sections must be filled out, including contact information and response to essay question.
- Proof of enrollment – a letter from the registrar’s office, or current transcript.
- One reference – provide a letter of support from a teacher, school administrator, clergy or community leader.
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
Please note that if you are a successful applicant, you will be notified by Friday, 25 January 2019. Please also note that the Grenada Association Toronto and the Pearline Garraway Education Foundation Inc. reserves the right to use photographs of successful recipients for publication purposes.
Grenada Association Toronto
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.