To effectively collaborate with all Grenadians and our stakeholder partners to consistently achieve excellent visitor experiences and to pursue and promote sustainable growth in an environmentally responsible manner that ensures economic, social and cultural benefits to the people of Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
To plan and implement transformational marketing initiatives and promotions strategies designed to highlight Grenada, Carriacou & Petite Martinique as a preferred tourism destination among targeted countries.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Tourism, Marketing, Business Administration or a strong marketing related discipline and at least 5 years’ experience at a managerial level
- Strong organisational capabilities, digital marketing skills, computer literacy
- Knowledge of travel trends, current affairs and business issues that relate to and affect the tourism, hospitality and travel trades
- Knowledge of the Grenada tourism product would be an asset
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to deliver the highest quality work
- Ability to network with socially and culturally diverse persons
- Ability to compile complex reports in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to develop multi-agency working relationships
- Negotiating skills
- Budget management skills
- Change management skills
- Experience of performance management
Role and responsibilities:
- Ensures that all marketing communications are in keeping with the desired image of Grenada and the Tourism Authority
- Develops and implements the Marketing Department’s business plan
- Ensures sustainability of market performance by setting growth targets
- Identifies global target groups and niche markets using research and data from internal and external sources
- Develops and executes marketing and sales strategies in collaboration with the Communications Department and overseas offices
- Monitors and evaluates all marketing and promotional initiatives and provides feedback to the CEO
- Coordinates with tourism partners to develop appropriate global product packages in line with the Authority’s stated marketing approach
- Manages Marketing and Sales teams overseas
- Represents the Grenada Tourism Authority at Trade Shows and promotions regionally and internationally
- Produce Board and Management reports with evidenced and clear recommendations
- Maintains proper control of expenditure to ensure compliance with budgetary processes
- Promote the development of marketing staff team spirit and shared objectives, including regular team meetings
- Establish effective methods of communication ensuring a flow of information between management and staff
- Identify and address manpower and performance management matters in conjunction with the Human Resource Officer
- Conduct evaluations on staff at the required intervals and make recommendations for training and development and succession planning
Email your CV to [email protected]. The closing date for applications is 31 January 2020.
NOW Grenada is not responsible for the opinions, statements or media content presented by contributors. In case of abuse, click here to report.