The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom, in collaboration with the Government of Grenada, is offering master’s scholarships for suitably qualified individuals, tenable at the various universities in the United Kingdom, commencing September/October 2022.
Information for candidates and full candidates’ eligibility requirements are available at: cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/about-us/scholarships
Details of CSC’s selection criteria are available at: cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/about-us/scholarships
Applicants must review the following link to choose a university/course and obtain the required application form: cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-masters-scholarships
In addition, all applicants are expected to complete the scholarship application form by copying and pasting the link below: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NeM7EstoH1Np1_yhXGwo_qTQPY5f8APi/view?usp=sharing
ALL applicants are advised to pay special attention to the following:
You must provide:
- a copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including up-to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- References from at least 2 individuals – submitted directly by the referees to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request to submit online)
- One supporting statement from a UK institution for Master’s candidates
- Must demonstrate, in their application, the direct and applied relevance of their study to development in Grenada and make such links explicit in your application.
- State, in your application, which of the 6 development themes you are applying under.
- Select up to 3 Sustainable Development Goals relevant to your development impact.
- Sign a declaration that you cannot afford to study in the UK
- Provide the Selection Panel with a personal statement, which will provide more information about your background. This would be considered by the panel but will not be graded.
Please note that applicants must be nominated by the Government of Grenada to be considered eligible for the scholarship and being nominated does not in any way guarantee selection or placement.
Required supporting documents for Government of Grenada nominated candidates:
- Application form
- Two (2) reference letters for Master’s
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Certified copy of passport bio-data page
- Certified copies of ALL academic certificates
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts
- Copies of acceptance letters (from at least 2 universities)
- One (1) passport-sized photograph
- Personal statement
The Government of Grenada Commonwealth Scholarship form MUST be completed and submitted along with the relevant documents to the Scholarship Desk on or before 19 October 2021.
For further information and guidance, please contact the Human Resource Development Division, (Scholarship Desk) at the Ministry of Education, Human Resource Development, Religious Affairs and Information at Email: [email protected] and Tel: 440-2737/8 or 417-9762.